MAKE CHANGES IN THE MAIN NAVIGATION MENU
The main navigation menu is placed at the top of the website and contains links that lead to the main pages on the website such as: Home, About Us, Services, Products, Contact etc. To add a main navigation menu on the website or to make changes to already existing main menu you should do the following:
1. While you are at the page header, click on the "Add element" link and then select the "Header Menu" element.
2. On the top of the web page a horizontal navigation menu will be placed. To edit this menu of your choice, move the mouse over the menu and in the upper right corner click on the "Add / Edit" link.
- All Webstrian websites have main navigation menu by default. If you want to edit this menu, then skip the first step and begin with the second.
3. Clicking on the "Add / Edit" link will open a new window for editing the main menu items. To edit the name or change the link of each item, move the mouse over it and then click on the "gear" icon.
4. This will open the "Edit menu item" window. In the first field you can change the name of the item and in the second you can choose which page will be associated to the item.
5. The order of the menu items can be changed by clicking on the up/down arrows that are shown when the mouse is over some item.
6. To delete an item from the menu, click the on "basket" icon that appears when the mouse is over the item.
7. New item can be added by clicking on the "Add menu item" from the "Add/edit header menu items” window.
8. Click on the "Add menu item" and a new window will be opened where you can choose between "Internal link", "External link" and "New submenu."
- Select "Internal link" if you want to link the main menu item to a page on your website. In the new window that will be opened, enter the name of the item and connect it to a web page from the drop down menu. For example, if you want to add a new item to the main menu called "Promotional offers" then the name of the item will be "Promotional offer" and it should be connected to the appropriate page you've already created through the drop down menu.
- To make the connection between the menu item and the "Promotional offers" page, you should create previously this page.
- Select "external link" if you want to link the main menu item to a page that leads to another website. In the new window that will be opened, enter the name of the item in the first field and in the second -enter the URL link from the external website.
- Select "New submenu" if you want to link the main menu item to a submenu with its own items. For example, you can add a submenu with the name “About” and then you can add in it items that will lead to pages such as: "History", "Vision", "Mission", "Management" and so on.
10. Commonly, the company logo is placed near the main navigation menu. To add your logo next to the main menu, first you need to split the page into two columns. Then, add the image element into the first column and place your logo there. In the second column add the header menu. Click here to read more about how to split a page into columns.