Add vertical menu to the specific content on your website and use it as a roadmap to other similar topics. To set up a vertical menu, you should do the following:
1. First, divide the page in two columns or select a page with structure that is already split into two columns. Then in one of the columns click "Add element -> Vertical menu."
- If you don’t know how to divide a page into columns, see the section "How to divide a web page into columns?".
2. When you click on the "Vertical menu” element, the "Select existing menu/add new" window will be opened. Click on the "Add menu" button.
- Once you have created a vertical menu, you will be able to use it on multiple pages. When Webstrian initially will create your website, there won’t be any vertical menu, so you will need to create it.
3. The "Add/Edit vertical menu items" window will be opened. Click on "Add menu item" and a new window will be opened where you can choose between "Internal link", "External link" and "New submenu."
- Select "Internal link" if you want to link the vertical menu item to a page on your website. In the new window that will be opened, enter the name of the menu item and connect it to the appropriate web page from the drop down menu. For example, if you want the menu item to lead to the "About Us" page, then the name of the item will be "About Us", and the page to which it would lead would be the "About Us" page.
- Select "External link" if you want to link the vertical menu item to a page from another website. In the new window that will be opened, enter the name of the item in the first field and the in the second field – the URL from the site where you want it to lead.
- Select "New submenu" if you want to place a submenu into the vertical menu. Into the new window that will be opened, you will need to enter the name of the submenu.
If you enter "Promotional offer" as the name of the submenu, it will be displayed in the menu and then you can add new sub-items into it. For example, if you are creating a website for a travel agency, then as submenu items of the "Promotional offer" item you may want to add "New Year discount", "Italy by plane - 20% discount" etc. Click "Add menu item" and begin to build your submenu.
4. If you want to make changes into the existing menu, then when you are in the "Add/Edit vertical menu items" window, move the mouse over the item that you want to change. At the end of the item a gray bar will appear with the editing options.
- Clicking on the "gear" icon you can change the name/link of the item.
- Clicking on the "up/down arrow" icon you can change the order of the items.
- Clicking on the "basket" icon you can delete the item.
5. Click on "Close" button and the vertical menu will be added to your website.