All the predefined Webstrian websites come with precreated blog. Because of that, the method for adding a blog to your website depends on whether you will delete the existing posts and start from "scratch" or you will change/edit the existing ones.
To set up a blog on your website in this case, it’s necessary to do the following:
1. To write blog posts
- To write your blog posts go into the left administrative menu and click on "Blog -> Add new blog post."
2. To create a web page for the blog
- This step is under assumption that you have deleted the blog pages. If this is the case, then to add a new page for the blog you have to do this: from the left administrative menu click "Pages -> Add new page" and on the page that will open - choose the structure of the web page (we advise you to choose a structure with two columns). Then, from the drop down menu under "Page type" choose "Blog posts list". Finally, enter a title for the page as "Blog" or "My Blog" and enter the page URL. Once you finish, click "Save and continue” and the system will create for you a blank blog page.
3. To add blog element on the blog page
- After you create a blog page, it is necessary to add the element “Blog posts list" in order to display the blog posts on your website. This element can be found in the "Add element" window or more precisely, into the third tab - "Blog and News".
Just add the element "Blog posts list" and all the blog articles will appear on your website.
In this case the blog, the blog pages and the blog articles are already posted on your website. You will need to change the existing blog posts (i.e. add your own text and images) and delete those that you don’t need.
To edit existing example post you should do the following:
In the left administrative menu click the "Blog -> All blog posts" link which will open the list of all the example posts. Select the post you want to edit by clicking on the "Select" link. A new page where you can edit the post will be opened. Find out more about how to edit the post in the section "How to edit a blog post"
To delete an existing example post, do the following:
From the left administrative menu under the "Blog" link select "All blog posts". You will see a page that will show the current blog posts. To delete a post, click the "Delete" button located on the right end of the line that represents the blog post.